I specialise in commercial, civil and insurance litigation.
I obtained my Law Degree with Honours in 1997. I am qualified in New Zealand and in NSW, Australia. I have practised in a variety of Magic Circle, National, and boutique litigation law firms. I began practice in London (1998) before moving back to Christchurch (2003), to Sydney (2006) and then settling back in Christchurch (2009).
In 2011, I joined the independent bar and became a Barrister sole.
I have a broad experience in a wide variety of cases including contract and commercial disputes, insurance, tort, Companies Act, director and shareholder disputes, insolvency matters, professional negligence, trust and estate matters, defamation, civil fraud and relationship property litigation.
I have appeared as junior counsel in the Supreme Court and senior counsel in the Court of Appeal, High Court, District Court, various Tribunals and arbitrations. I have also been appointed amicus curiae by the High Court.
- Hyndman v Walker - on appeal from  NZHC 2188 (unsuccessful breach of privacy claim); heard 10 September 2020, decision pending
- Willigers v Churchill Fishing International Limited  NZHC 2212 (successful opposition for urgent stay of possession)
- Willigers v Churchill Fishing International Limited  NZDC 15372 (successful dismissal of appeal)
- Kkeshav International Limited v Heaton Holdings Limited  NZHC 1513 (successful opposition to application to set aside statutory demand)
- David Ian Henderson v Robert Bruce Walker  NZHC 3020 (successful breach of privacy and confidence claim)
- GP 96 Limited v FM Custodians Limited and PVG Securities Limited  NZHC 1183 (unsuccessful injunction application and removal of caveat proceedings)
- Xu v IAG  NZSC 68;  NZCA 149;  NZHC 1964 (dispute relating to the rights of assignment of an insurance policy, unsuccessful (3-2) in overturning previous law)
- Gavin v Powell and Dorrance  NZHC 1277 (successsful application for dismissal of solicitors for conflict)
- Young v Attorney General  NZHC 993 (successful opposition of strike out application by the Crown on a nuisance case arising out of the Cantrbury earthquakes)
- Chapman-Cohen v Wisnewski  NZFC 7231 (successful Family Protection claim)
- CIR v Livingspace Properties Limited (in liquidation and receivership)  NZHC 711 (successful applications relating to Companies Act disputes)
- Greenfields Internet Limited v Rural Networks South Island Limited  NZHC 465;  NZHC 504;  NZHC 645 (a mixture of success in injunction proceedings)
- Mediaworks TV Ltd & Ors v Staples and Claims Resolution Service Limited  NZCA 133 (unsuccessful opposition of appeal of HC decision on defamation pleadings issues)
- Tomanovich Holdings Limited v Gibbston Community Water Company 2014 Limited  NZCA 7 (successful opposition to strike out application)
- Moon v Public Trust and Doyle  NZHC 1169 (successful Family Protection claim)
- Claims Resolution Service Limited v Averill O’Hara  NZDC 11513 (successful breach of contract claim)
- Walker & Ors v Forbes & Ors  NZHC 1212 (successful application for security for costs against litigation funder/ liquidator)
- Henderson v Attorney-General  NZHC 606 (successful claim under NZBORA and abuse of statutory powers)